Return Policy & Procedure
At Equator Home Fashion we are happiest when you are delighted with your purchase!
Should you not be completely satisfied we will arrange to collect the item/s at no charge with one of our courier partners.
See below to determine if your purchase is eligible for return.
Items eligible for return
- Item does not match the description or photo on the Online Store
- Incorrect Item was delivered
- Item was damaged either in our warehouse or in transit
- Customer changed their mind (Buyer’s Remorse)
Examples of eligibility for return:
A buyer opens a rug to check the size and colour in their home or office etc, then returns it when finding it unsuitable
A buyer checks the colour and surface finish of a Flat-pack table, but does not assemble it, then re-packs and returns it
Items not eligible for return
- * Certain Sofas and Chairs are not eligible for return due to their size – please check before ordering
- The item has been used and is not in 100% original condition
- The item has been damaged after delivery
- The Item has not been returned in the original packaging
- Labels or stickers have been removed from the item
- The 14 day return window has expired (14 days starting on the day after delivery)
- Flat-pack furniture has been assembled, or assembled and thereafter disassembled
- Components of Flat-pack furniture are missing. This includes but is not limited to assembly hardware such as screws, bolts, washers etc.
- Sale or promotional items
- An item that has been custom made for you (e.g. a sofa made to your specifications)
Examples of non-eligibility for return:
A buyer uses a rug or furniture for an event, party or home staging, then returns it after the event.
- Make sure the item and all its components are present
- Repack the item in its original packaging
- Include a copy of the invoice for the order
- Seal the package with packing tape to make sure the contents are protected during transport, especially fragile items.
- Send an email to email@example.com to inform us that the item is ready for collection.
- We will contact you to confirm the date & approximate time of collection
- Make sure that there is someone to give the item to our courier partner
- Ensure that the item is signed for by our courier partner
- On receipt of the item, we reserve the right to decline the refund or to offer a partial refund. This will be determined by the condition of the item returned and/or if any components are missing etc. This is done in accordance with the The South African Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008
- If the refund is granted, we agree to pay the funds to you within 15 days using the same account details or card details that were used to pay for the order.
- Items purchased with a coupon will be refunded to the value that was paid after applying that coupon.
Items not received:
- An item may not reach the buyer due to circumstances such as incorrect delivery address, theft, hijacking or loss during transit etc.
- If the item is not received within 30 days of receipt of payment, the buyer should contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the invoice number and their email address for us to attend to the problem
- The buyer shall have the option of receiving the same or similar item or receiving a refund. No further claims will be entered into.